Procurement Specialist Reporting to Head of Finance
As we continue to expand and venture into diverse operations, CF is thrilled to announce a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to join our dynamic team. As a Procurement Specialist at CF, you’ll play a vital role in shaping our success. Your responsibilities include implementing cutting-edge procurement strategies, negotiating with suppliers, and evaluating agreements to ensure we maintain the highest standards in procurement practices.
• Liaise with General Managers of various companies within the group, seeking their input and approval on procurement processes and decisions.
• Periodically sourcing and scouting new suppliers to look for the most favourable prices.
• Review suppliers’ agreement to ensure that risks are identified, mitigated, and amended accordingly.
• Monitor, evaluate and assess all documents and contracts related to procurement process including purchase orders and suppliers’ agreements amongst others.
• Assess and conduct price comparison analysis to ensure most favourable prices are attained for the company.
• Adhere to supplier agreements and contracts to ensure compliance with company policies.
• Manage renewal and renegotiation of contracts with suppliers, where required, to ensure terms and conditions remain favourable and aligned with company’s objectives.
• Collaborate with different departments to identify the best methods and strategies for minimising costs while ensuring overall cost-efficiency in procurement processes.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• The ideal candidate must have a minimum of three years of procurement experience.
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of safe food handling standards and beverage Certification (training can also be provided by the Company)
• The right candidate must have excellent numerical skills, communication skills and a positive professional attitude and must be fully conversant on Windows software.
• Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information.
• Strong negotiation skills and a flair for building relationships
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
• Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated and proactive.
• Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues.
• Ability to take control and manage deadlines successfully.
• Must be highly organised with a strong attention to detail.
• Preferably Maltese speaker and must have a good command of speaking and writing skills in English.